Followers

Sunday 21 August 2011

Coloursoft

Hiya, I hope you've all had a great weekend!  This morning, I tried out some Coloursoft pencils for the first time, which I bought a couple of months ago, so this is a bit of a trial run really to see how they turned out.


and with some corners which I added to the image a bit later
The image is a digi from Funky Kits, which I thought was a good one to try the pencils out on, as there is some shading already on the image, although I did use darker colours for the shaded parts as well.  I blended the colours with some Sansador.  I'm fairly happy with her hair and the teddy bears, however not too happy with the bottom part which is coloured brown - I struggled to blend completely.  If you've used these pencils before, then all tips and techniques very welcome!!!  I've used pink shimmer chalk around the edge, and the die-cut roses are Marianne English Rose, which I bought from Craft-Room - I've dropped a pearl into the centre of each.  The card base is made from Kraft cardstock, and the paper I've had for a while.

I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:


I hope you like it, and have a good week!

Maria x 

8 comments:

Jacq said...

Hi Maria,
WOW Absolutley Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful image, the dp's, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the flowers are scrumptious. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Ciska said...

The cutest image, Maria, beautifully coloured with those pencils! Thanks for playing along with our Pink Challenge over at Card Makin' Mamas!

craft-roomjulia said...

This is adorable Maria, those pencils are so nice, think I want some!! You are so clever. Julia xxxx

tootsie said...

This is so pretty! You really colored her well! Sure glad you decided to drag out those pencils!

Thank you for joining us in our Anything goes challenge over at The PaperCrafting Journey!

Hugs,
Wendy

Amy said...

Very pretty card- looks very vintage and the gingham paper is great! Thanks for joining us this week at Birthday Sundaes :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Kristie W. said...

Your image is just beautiful!! Great job with your coloring and lovely card. Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love the wonderrul vintage feel of this card. Thanks for sharing during my guest designer week at Birthday Sundaes.

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Maria what a gorjuss card love it your colouring is wonderful thanks for joining us at poodles parlour this time
Jacki xx