Followers

Sunday 30 October 2011

Hanging Tag Card

Hi, it's been a busy week, but found time to make a tag this morning for Get Creative Challenge No 10.  This is Marie's challenge of  "Embossing".  After my copy of Craft Stamper arrived on Friday, I had to try one of the techniques as I thought their results were stunning, and I have never done this technique before (despite having a large amount of embossing enamel that someone gave me!).  I made a hanging tag card:



I sloshed (and I do mean sloshed - salt & pepper springs to mind, lol) some blending solution on a piece of glossy card, then a couple of alcohol inks and then blended with a little more ink on the tool to cover the white parts. I cut to size, then stamped my images (Crafty Individuals & Andy Skinner) using Stazon Jet Black.  I then covered in Versamark, embossing enamel & heated 3 times.  I then matted & layered, reheated a little bit and stamped Dare to Dream (LOTV), although I did press a bit too hard when I did this.  I attached a piece of black card to the back and scored a little from the top, then added a white mat on which to write your sentiment.  A couple of black gems and a black trim to finish, and some cord to hang (no surprise there!), so it can be used as a decoration as well.  I do like the result of this and will certainly use my embossing enamel again!

As well as Get Creative, I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:-

Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes (#19)
Praire Fairy Fridays - Heat/Wet Embossing (#64)
Crafty Sentiments - No Designer Papers

Hope you like it.

Bye for now, Maria x

14 comments:

Irini said...

WOW Maria what an amazing card!
I am a fan of black and white this is just perfect!
Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge!!
hugz
irini

Livert said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Liv

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Maria How lovely to see you here ! Your card is amazing Have never heard of this technique you have put me to shame !! Fabulous embossing and am a big fan of CI and Andy Skinner so it is wonderful to see them these beautiful images and so perfectly executed, Thank you so much for joining us at Get Creative and good luck !

Marie

eudokia said...

amazing!!!i really like your card!!
thank you for joining us at gc!!!

Jean said...

Beautiful card Maria, I love the CI stamps and the bead trim. Jean x

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a lot of work ... but definately well worth it! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley.

Debi said...

Maria,I just love this :-) Debi x

Scrap-crafts said...

Perfection in act!!! Thank you for playing along with us!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just love it! Fab looking card!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

sara said...

beautiful card that image looks stunning in black and white thank you so much for joining us at dream valley this week
hugs sara x

Dotty Jo said...

What an amazing tag - love the black and white, wonderful work, Jo x

hazel said...

A fabulous card Maria - a great image.
xxx Hazel.

EFI said...

Huge congratulations!!!! Your card is really amazing!!!

Makrina Zografou said...

great card!!!and congrats on your winning!!!