Followers

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Blaze Of Glory - Craft-Room Challenge DT Creation

Hiya, the weeks are flying by and already it's time for another challenge over at Craft-Room Challenge.  Your sparkly creations were beautiful - it's always so difficult to choose a top 3.  This time it's Hazel's turn to choose the theme and she has chosen Music - please pop over and have a look through her blog as her creations are stunning.   

I love music, especially live concerts, so I really enjoyed making this not so little creation.  Last year, I managed to get my hands on tickets for Bon Jovi at Lancashire Cricket Ground - I've been a big fan since my teens but never got round to seeing them live, and oh my, they were FANTASTIC and far exceeded my expectations!!!  I had planned to use the programme from the concert to create my own sort of memorabilia souvenir, and this was an ideal opportunity.

I used two chipboard ATCs, a twinchie, and a large scalloped frame - all from Tando - these were white lined so I coloured them quite heavily with Black Soot Distress Ink, and edged them with a Krylon pen, attaching my pictures and sentiment on top.
 
The large picture was set underneath the scalloped frame, and a little metallic rub-on added very lightly around the outside of the frame.
The heart I pinched off a piece I made a couple of months ago!  It is made of plywood and covered in Viva Decor Ferro metal effect colour.  I mounted it onto an inchie so I could slide the Tim Holtz metal wings underneath (also with a little Ferro colour over the top) then fastened a mini heart with wings on the top with a long fastener.  The emblem heart should really have a dagger going into it with the wings attached, but I could not find anything suitable for a dagger, (and boy I tried!) so I compromised with this.
The 10"x10" frame was an old Ikea one picked up in a charity shop which I turned back to front.  I painted it with black acrylic and lightly sanded the edges.  The dp, from Stamping Up, is attached to the removable mdf picture back to the frame and lightly edged in Black Soot.  I've stamped a few records and a microphone here and there, and added a large swirl through a large TH mask, all in Pumice Stone DI.

It's quite a simple piece, but I like the contrast of the colour picture with the b/w ones. 

The sponsor for this challenge is...

 ...and there is a fabulous prize of a mask and some chipboard for one random winner:

By the way, we have a new addition to our Design Team: Suzanne B from Suzanne's Papercrafting has joined us, I'm sure you will love her fantastic creations.

Please check out the inspiration by the rest of the DT, as it is fabulous.  I hope you can join in with us for this challenge, and I'm looking forward to seeing your music-themed creations!


I'd like to enter this into a few challenges:


Anything Goes Challenge - Anything Goes
There She Goes - Metal Embellishments
Sentimental Sundays - My Hero
Frosted Designs - Recycle/Upcycle (I've recycled an old picture frame)

Have a great week.

Maria x

22 comments:

Gio said...

Your page ROCKS!! :-)

craft-roomjulia said...

Fantastic creation Maria, maybe I should have done a Take That piece, but I was too tight to by a programme lol. Love how you have used the wings, perfect. Julia xxx

Carol's Creations said...

I am a HUGE Bon Jovi fan and it didn't take much lookin before I knew this was him...Great layout!

Jean said...

A super creation. A lovely way to remember a great concert.Jean x

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria , no am not ignoring you !!!! lol, blogger has done my head in and I have moved after three works of being tortured by it am now on Wordpress. If you have time come over and say hi and follow me as I'm feeling a bit like Billy no mates at the moment ! Will be at Aintree for the first day but not sure after that as have lots of family to see and will only be there for a few days.When do you think you will be able to go ? on to your gorgeous creation. Bon Jovi eh !!! I always fancied him lol great idea and beautifully executed very dynamic piece. You do like your hangings don't you ! so do I !!

Marie

Esther said...

OMG maria - am so jealous, am a huuuugge Jovi fan but have never seen them live...and what a fab memento piece this is ! Love it..Esther xx

Zoechaos said...

Knockout! very special memory keeper soooo much better than a scrap book LOL XOXO Zoe

Mervi said...

Fabulous memory to keep in such a gorgeous creation! I like Bon Jovi too;-))m

hazel said...

What a great way to remember the concert Maria and I'm so jealous, it's fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Debi said...

So cool!!!! Perfect memory keeper, debi x

Unknown said...

What a great keepsake! I too was a huge Bon Jovi fan back in the day. It looks like you had a great time at the concert! I love the heart and Tim Holtz metal wings. Thank you for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful keepsake to hang on your walls - does it have pride of place, I am sure it does.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Still looking at all the goodies I received :)

Jennipher said...

What a wonderful masculine creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays.

Ephemera said...

This is FANTASTIC I saw Bonjovi for the first time 2 yrs ago with my friend (they were fab)who has been mad on them since the 80s and she has been to tons of their concerts she would kill for this LOL. xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous, really special, thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Anything goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

Nikki Byrne said...

Maria this is STUNNING!! Great SB page. Hugs

NIKKI

Laurel said...

What a fabulous creation! Thanks for playing at There She Goes.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fab card, I love the monotone look and the metal embellishments
Lindsay xx

Tameko said...

Very nice layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

1CardCreator said...

Lynn sent me over, lovely blog, I'm your newest follower.

May said...

Lynne sent me over what a beautiful blog you have!!!! Joined as a follower, Hugs May x x x

Vicky Hayes said...

You must have been so excited to get tickets Maria and it sounds as if the concert blew you away! This is a great souvenir - I love all the different elements in it. The dp makes a great background especially stamped up with the records and swirls. The heart and wings embellishment is amazing! Vicky x