Followers

Thursday 29 November 2012

Monochromatic White for Xmas

Hi, no you're not seeing things - I really has posted two creations in two days!  My blog may be a bit like the buses this week - you don't see one for ages, then they all come at once!

It's coming up to the end of the month which means that The Stampsmith November Challenge of 'Monochromatic White' (using at least one Stampsmith stamp) is nearing to a close.

As you know, I love The Stampsmith images and recently decided to take part in a couple of swaps over at The Stampsmith Group, this one in particular being a mystery swap, as no one knew who their card was coming from until it arrived.  My card went over to lovely Darlene in Canada, and it really was a mystery as I didn't even put a note in to let her know who it was from!  You will also know that I don't make very many cards so this was a bit of a challenge in itself for me:


I stamped a panel of pearl cardstock with a Christmas background stamp and some Versamark, and embossed with Wow Sparkling Snow ep. Across the top is a layer of beautiful embroidered trim, with some twinkling cotton trim lying beneath but just peeking out.  The snowflake flowers are made from the same twinkling cotton trim with some sparkly gems in the centres.  Some feather trim, gems, a small tag, and a flourish die have all been added, along with a sentiment.  Veronica Lake has been stamped onto glossy cardstock and the edges embossed with the Wow Sparkling Snow ep, then mounted onto white pearl card.  Although not shown, I also made a gift sleeve which ties with ribbon in the middle, from Kraft cardstock. 

I'm really behind on visiting your blogs at the moment, so I do apologise for that, but I will be catching up over the next couple of evenings.  Thank you for the lovely comments you've left for me.

I'd also like to enter this into the following challenges:-

Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes
PanPastel UK - Frosty and Bright

Bye for now!

Maria  xxxxx





I hope you like it

11 comments:

Debi said...

beautiful!

Inky Angel said...

This is a stunning monochromatic project Maria, it will make a wonderful present.
Hugs,
Katie

chriscesar said...

Wonderful monochromatic card and so romantic look! Anyhow i love all your craft!
Friendly
Chris

Jean said...

What a gorgeous luxury card.I love the sparkly flowers and the fluffy feather.You get super prints from your Stampsmith stamps, I have just bought some but haven't had time to play with them yet.Jean x

Anonymous said...

Be still my heart. Positively divine Maria and stamped to perfection. Brimming with old Hollywood glamour and with just the perfect addition of those trims. Did you actually make those snowflake flowers?!
Thank you for joining TSC and Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. How fun that you swapped with my friend Darlene.

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love the feathers.

craft-roomjulia said...

Divine Maria, effortless elegance. Love the fluffy feather, we must be psychic lol xxxx

Ger said...

Gorgeous, love the lace and feathers. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT

hazel said...

Stunning!!!
xxx Hazel.

Vicky Hayes said...

White on white is perfect for the glacial Ms Lake Maria and I love how glamourous you made it! I love your card (and think you should make more of them!) Vicky x

Gio said...

Really really gorgeous, Maria. That stamp is to die for!