Followers

Sunday 31 March 2013

Timeless Lily

Hi, I hope you are all well and enjoying the Easter weekend.  The weather here has improved at last, with the sun shining, although still a bit chilly.  I myself haven't had a particularly good week, but decided that today was time to get my backside into gear and finish a couple of projects, this being one of them.

The Stampsmith Challenge's current theme is Spring Colours/Flowers, using at least one Stampsmith image, and has just one day left to enter, so here is my entry:


I've used a wooden mount for a large background rubber stamp, however I didn't mount the stamp, as I preferred the flexibility of using it without (and I knew the block would end up altered!).  I painted it a very gentle pale creamy yellow to start as I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it at this point.  I covered one side with some Prima beautiful floral paper (thank you Julia!), cutting 3 sides of a rectangle in the middle.  The background of the dp is blue - not the most common colour for Spring flowers but a couple of years ago, I bought my mum a lovely blue rose from a garden centre - with some cream flowers and background script.  The centre cut out has been rolled up and some dyed seam binding secures it.
 






 I've stamped Lily in Coffee Archival Ink and lightly tinted her cheeks and dress with chalks.  A doily coloured with Tattered Rose DI is used on three of the corners, and some lace used on two sides of the image.  I coloured some SU seam binding with Tattered Rose DI and made three little roses which were attached to the bottom right corner, a couple of hat pins, and TH words used underneath "So Timeless".










A small piece of lace is attached above the image with a SU brad.  I've used some metallic rub on around the edge just to finish it off and frame it.  This is going to go on a shelf next to my candles, as a free standing ornament.  I've taken a couple of new photos outside this morning which show the colours far better than the original one.







I'd also like to enter my creation into the following challenges:-

Allsorts Challenge - Vintage
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything Goes With Ribbon
Live and Love Crafts Challenge - Bingo (Lace, Doily & Metal)
Rhedd and Rosie Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic

Thank you for popping over, it really is appreciated, and I hope you have a wonderful Easter with lots of gorgeous chocolate :-).

Maria xxxxx

16 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Maria, I am sorry you have had a difficult week. I hope things look up soon. Your card is absolutely stunning. Happy Easter.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful project love the image goes so nicely with the soft pinks .Like how you used the lace doily in the corners .Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment I really appreciate it and good luck in the challenge
Marilyn

chriscesar said...

Hi maria, hope your easter week-end will be good and full of chocolate!
Your car is marvellous, i love this vintage look and you do this so beautifully!
Hugs
Chris

A.J said...

Such pretty colours and I love your flowers and lace combo.

Jean said...

This is such a pretty project Maria. The image is charming and I love the colours and your pretty ribbon roses.
Jean x

Anonymous said...

This is sublime Maria and I will tell you, I have this stamp but have been unable to use it to date as I cannot achieve a good enough impression.
Blue is so perfect with the soft pinks and cream.
An absolute delight.
You are always so supportive of The Stampsmith and our challenges.
Wishes
Lynne

catherine said...

This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week for my challenge
x catherine

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous, I do love it.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog, hope we see your work again.

Moira DT

Zoe said...

Stunning! Thanks again for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at LLC.
Hugs Tracy x

Sandra Wright. said...

Beautiful,just beautiful...I love the images and all your attention to detail.

Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd & Rosies Challenge Blog.

Hugs
Sandie x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous creation Maria :-) I love the whole vintage look of this ,, absolutely fabulous :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Laurart said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxxx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how pretty, Maria... I hope things are looking up since this post!
Alison x

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Gorgeous! Soft & Pretty! hugs,Tee