Followers

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Timeless

Hi, I hope you're all well.  Just a short post, I'd like to share with you another mdf wall hanging, it's part of a set of three which I made to go together - the other two I will share with you another day.  I've used rubber stamps from Oxford Impressions Dressforms & Corsetry plate:

The mdf has been undercoated in Gesso then painted using cream and tan chalk paints.  Some background stamping has been done with stamps from the same set and also a SU script stamp, then some sanding, and yet more painting, and more sanding.

The image has been stamped with Archival Ink and coloured with SU Watercolour Crayons, and one of Tims words added underneath the image.  I've tried to keep it quite simple with clean lines, but with a bit of a shabby/vintage feel to it as well.

Some lace and trim have been added to finish, along with a button from my local market.

Enjoy your week, and thanks for dropping by.

Maria xxxxx



4 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Maz, I love your wall hanging. I cannot wait to see the rest.

Paper Profusion said...

Elegance personified Maria! Truly beautiful. Nicola x

Susan Hogan said...

Looks so elegant. Great colouring.

Anonymous said...

Definitely my style of art!
Favourite stamps, colours and touch of lace, what more could anyone ask for.
Couldn't agree more that this is all about elegance.
Wishes
Lynne